The 3 R’s: Restoration, Recovery, Revival

BY LANDY ERLICK The ice house here at the Jay Heritage Center is over one hundred and twenty years old.  While the structure itself may date back to around 1890, many of the surrounding stone walls are actually rooted in…

200 Years Later: School Bills & Icehouses

BY LANDY ERLICK Mary Rutherfurd Clarkson married Peter Augustus Jay, son of John Jay, in 1807. By 1814, the pair was splitting their summertime between a home in New York City and "The Locusts" in Rye. "The Locusts"  served as…