The 3 R’s: Restoration, Recovery, Revival

BY LANDY ERLICK The ice house here at the Jay Heritage Center is over one hundred and twenty years old. ¬†While the structure itself may date back to around 1890, many of the surrounding stone walls are actually rooted in…

200 Years Later: School Bills & Icehouses

BY LANDY ERLICK Mary Rutherfurd Clarkson married Peter Augustus Jay, son of John Jay, in 1807. By 1814, the pair was splitting their summertime between a home in New York City and "The Locusts" in Rye. "The Locusts" ¬†served as…

%d bloggers like this: